– DALMEC was the first company to become specialized in the design and manufacture of pneumatic manipulators.
– DALMEC technical-commercial network extends worldwide to ensure a competent support during supply and an efficient after-sales service.
DALMEC, thanks to the fifty-year experience developed in all industry sectors and to the achievement with over 55,000 manipulators manufactured, has refined with constant innovations all solutions to ensure maximum safety for the operator
– DALMEC, with the force of numbers and experience, obtains customized pneumatic components from the best worldwide suppliers
– DALMEC realizes in an integrated way, the entire production cycle: design, manufacture, assembly, testing.
– DALMEC can count on a range of 12 models of manipulators (with rigid arms or cable), each customized in accordance with requirements of the production processes of every single customer.
Dalmec Manipulators are equipments designed for the manual handling of loads and, therefore, suited to reduce the risks of injures to the back.
Dalmec’s emphasis on constant technological innovation ensures a dynamically active workforce.
Dalmec Manipulators enable the operator to move any product effortlessly, in a rapid manner, while at the same time in utmost safety, thereby maximising human resources and increasing productivity in the workplace.
Dalmec ergonomic solutions will improve productivity.
Safety first and foremost
When moving loads of up to 1500 Kg, safety must be paramount.
The EC mark positioned on each Manipulator guarantees and certifies the conformity to the safety requirements of the European standards:
– 2006-42 Machinery Directive
– European standards on safety
Every Manipulator is the working combination of different engineering solutions, uniquely tailored to suit the particular handling requirements of each individual industrial sector.
Manual handling of loads
Legislative decree No. 81 dated 09/04/2008.
– NIOSH method for the Lifting Index in the Manual material handling
– Snook and Ciriello method for the activities such as pushing, pulling and transport loads on floor surfaces.
These rules are applied to the activities involving the manual handling of loads with risks to the operators of injuries to the back.
The workplace must be fitted with proper means to reduce the risks deriving from the manual handling of loads.
When it is not possible to avoid the manual handling of the loads (lifting, pushing, drawing, transport), the employer must provide the worker with suitable means to reduce the risks deriving from these operations.
Limit values for the lifting of loads:
• Kg 25 Adult males
• Kg 20 Adult females
• Kg 20 Teenage males
• Kg 15 Teenage females
There are coefficients of reduction of the limit values, which consider:
– height of the hands from the ground at the beginning of lifting
– vertical distance of the load from the beginning to the end of the lifting cycle
– distance between the load and the body during lifting
– rotation of the bust for angular displacement of the load
– possibility of taking the load.
The installation of mechanical arms also for weights lower than 30 kg, enables the operator to:
• work quicker
• notably reduce physical fatigue
• eliminate the risk for the back
• non-skilled personnel to carry out manual handling
• reduce the risk of injuries.
WHY PREFER ONLY PNEUMATICALLY SUPPLIED MANIPULATORS
– Because compressed air is not dangerous, it is clean and it is now available in all industrial sectors.
– Because the pneumatic technology is now established both for the development of the driving force and for the logic management.
– Because the pneumatic components are extremely reliable and easily maintainable even in the harshest environments.
– Because the pneumatic components are now standardized and normed, and readily available worldwide
– Because the pneumatic components are not affected by vibration, moisture, dust or other external agent.
– Because the pneumatic components, as opposed to the electronic ones, are not subject to ‘infant mortality’.
– Because the compressed air allows the storage of an emergency energy supply
– Because the air, being a traditional technology, requires basic skills of maintenance personnel.
– Because up to now, the compressed air provides the best fluidity when load balancing.
– Because a single power source means fewer problems of continuity and probability of breakdowns.
– Becouse, with the use of simple swivel joints, you have a 360 ° continuous rotation without annoying hindrance for the operator and no risk of cable kinking.